Getting quartz and granite countertops installed in your home offers many benefits, not to mention adds beauty and charm to your kitchen. Quartz and granite are hard stone materials and are designed to last a lifetime. These types of stone countertops come in many different colours, patterns, and styles, and are easy to use with any décor you currently have in your kitchen or as part of your kitchen remodeling project. Quartz and granite countertops often become the centerpiece of your kitchen, as your friends and relatives will be impressed by the high quality workmanship.
- Quartz and granite are resistant to staining. Quartz and granite do not absorb liquids or stain. With granite, it has to be properly sealed, while quartz does not. It is recommended to always use a professional quartz and granite countertop installer to ensure the granite has been sealed correctly, so it will maintain its gorgeous appearance.
- Quartz and granite does not scratch. Unlike laminates and other lower quality countertops, quartz and granite does not get scratched from utensils and knives. However, it is not a good idea to cut directly on the quartz or granite countertop as it will dull your knife blades.
- Quartz and granite are heat resistant. Since quartz and granite are very hard and made from stone, they resist heat. It is perfectly acceptable to set a hot pot, pan, or baking sheet directly on the countertop.
- Quartz and granite increases the value of your home. Installing quartz or granite countertops in your kitchen adds value to your home. Should you ever decide to sell it, you can sell the home for more, compared to homes without quartz or granite countertops.
- Quartz and granite does not depreciate in value or quality. Due to the hardness of quartz and granite, its quality remains intact. Further, the value of quartz and granite countertops does not depreciate over time, unlike some other lower quality countertops.
- Quartz and granite is easy to clean. All you need to remove dried on food from quartz or granite is a mild detergent and warm water.
- Quartz and granite are sanitary. Since quartz and granite do not absorb liquids or moisture, bacteria contamination is not an issue. However, proper sanitation is always necessary to avoid cross-contamination between foods. Remember to wipe down countertops before placing different meats and vegetables on the countertop after working with one type of meat or vegetable.
- Each quartz or granite slab has its own unique patterns and colours. As a result, the quartz or granite countertops in your kitchen will be different from those installed in another person’s kitchen.
- Quartz and granite can be formed and cut into any shape. You can have countertops cut with curves, ovals, or any other shape you desire.
- Quartz and granite can be used outdoors. Quartz and granite are resistant to rain, snow, and ice and is perfect for outdoor built-in BBQs, kitchens, and bars.
As you can see there are numerous benefits of getting quartz and granite countertops installed in your home by a professional countertop installer.
Please note, in regards to sealing granite countertops, it is important the countertops are sealed immediately, after they are installed in order to provide the proper protection. In addition, it is strongly recommended to have them treated at least once a year to maintain the seal.
For additional information about quartz and granite countertops or to schedule an in-home consultation appointment, contact Empire Stone today. Call or text: 403-466-6919 (mobile). We the largest supplier of natural stone quartz and granite countertops in Calgary and Western Canada.